Tuesday, February 2, 2010

quilted 'quilts for kids' quilt & Quilt top for the raffle

I have quilted the quilts for kids quilt.. although it was anything but easy.. learning a new machine was far more difficult than I thought...



I tried to make quilt in a circular pattern in the yellow/ white blocks
and a stippling stitch through the animals... ( poor animals ;(....)

anyway.. there was alot of cursing on my end as I tried to teach myself... patience has NEVER been my thing.....

Thanks to frigid temperatures & windchills ( windshields)~ LOL ... and a weekend with out prior commitments... I spent the WHOLE weekend piecing together the quilt top for my raffle quilt


I just love this quilt.... some speak to me than others and this one just hits home for me... It will be hard to give away...but I will.. that is why I made it..  I will be selling raffle tickets @ $5 a piece or 6 for $25. The raffle will be held on the Friday before the Boston walk.. ( I believe the 15th of May? ) every cent will go toward my walk... 

 I will be walking 39.3 miles in 2 day for breast cancer research..... 



here is the fabric that I have chosen for the backside....


the whole quilt will be free-form stippled......
and made with love... and hope


ok ... time to make dinner...oxoxox
~michelle

if you are interested in buying raffle tickets, you can email me for details barefootgirl27@comcast.net

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The blue quilt is stunning! What a wonderful way to support breast cancer research.

Unknown said...

Absolutely Gorgeous, Shel. Man there is just no stopping you. Have I told you lately how proud I am of you? Love Mom